TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE NET
The following terms and conditions apply to all purchases of items from this website. Please read this document carefully before placing your order. We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. Any such changes shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change. Please check them before you make any new purchase. We advise you, our valued customer, to print and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions for your reference.
Sale of Goods
• By placing an order with Huddersfield Hi-Fi T/A Audiovation (referred to as us/we/our) you (the customer) are accepting these terms and conditions, as well as our Terms of Website Use, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
• We will acknowledge your order by e mail as soon as possible. Any e mail or other acknowledgment from us does not constitute our legal acceptance of your order. Your offer is accepted and our contract begins with you, our valued customer, when the goods are despatched.
• We will email you a copy of your receipt. Please ensure you keep this in a safe place as this will also be your guarantee on the following terms: Should any of the goods develop a fault simply return your goods within 30 days of purchase (complete with original packaging and accessories – please refer to “Returns” for additional conditions that apply) and you will be offered the choice of either an exchange or full refund. Should a fault develop and the goods are returned to us after 30 days, but within the guarantee period, we will provide a free of charge repair as soon as possible, depending on the delivery of the required parts. After the guarantee has expired we will still endeavour to help with any servicing your goods may require. All items (excluding wearable parts) are guaranteed for a full 12 months for domestic use (ex demo/ex service goods are guaranteed for 3 months - excluding TV). Obviously we can’t be expected to guarantee against misuse (i.e. coffee spilt inside, blown speakers etc.), commercial use, loss of data stored on any form of writeable/ rewriteable media/ hard drive devices, dead pixels of an amount not covered by the manufacturer’s specifications or normal wear and tear. Please note the guarantee will be invalidated if repairs are done other than by us or our authorised agents.
• Either of us shall have the right to terminate the contract between us without penalty within 7 days from the date we accept your order. In the event of termination we will gladly refund to you all sums paid to us and you shall return any goods that we have despatched to you. Termination of contract shall be without prejudice to the rights and duties of either you or us accrued prior to termination.
• Please be aware that we are obliged to inform TV licensing of all TV purchases as well as a number of other TV related products, including DVD Recorders and Freeview Boxes.
Payment and Prices
• We will accept payment of your order by Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect and Maestro only. Payment by cheque or cash on delivery is not accepted. Unfortunately we do not offer credit facilities.
• Payment for goods must be made in accordance with our purchase procedure. All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to despatch. We cannot accept responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
• The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission on the price published for the goods on our website is wrong. We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to purchase the goods at the correct price.
• All prices on our website are in pounds sterling and inclusive of VAT but exclusive of our very reasonable delivery charges, which will be payable as indicated at the time of placing your order.
• Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we do not supply goods to you for any reason we will inform you of the situation and will not charge you for those goods, we will obviously refund any money already paid by you for the goods. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses, which you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
• All offers 1 per customer / household
• Important notice: time limit for notification of claims:- If goods arrive in a damaged condition you must inform us within 7 days of the date of delivery and we will either replace the goods at no charge, or refund any money paid by you for the goods. If the goods returned under this condition are found not to be defective and in full working order, they will be returned to you. An administration fee of 15% of the price of the goods, along with the cost of carriage will be charged to you, to cover the costs we have incurred. If the goods are found to be faulty outside 7 days from receipt of goods, please refer to “Sale of Goods” for additional conditions that apply.
• If we are required to send an engineer to your home to inspect and repair a product, and that product is subsequently found to be in good working order, we will charge you for the costs we incur for the call-out (typically £50.00). At the time of booking the call, we will ask you to guarantee the cost of the call-out before instructing the engineer by securing a credit or debit card deposit. We will only charge the abortive call-out fee to your debit or credit card if no fault is found.
• Plasma/LCD Screens: Please note that today’s production techniques cannot guarantee an absolutely perfect Plasma/LCD screen display and buyers should be aware of the possibility of imperfections in the form of a few isolated constantly lit or unlit pixels (or stuck pixels). As a result of this, there is a commonly accepted tolerance level by which Plasma/LCD screens may display such imperfections without being classified as faulty. As such, we can only take back displays as faulty for refund/repair if the number of affected pixels exceeds the manufacturer’s guidelines, subject to the Terms and Conditions. Please check with the relevant manufacturer as to their tolerance level.
• Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date. All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods. However, if your goods do not conform to the specification displayed on the website relating to such goods at the date of purchase, we will arrange for collection of the goods from you and you will be entitled to receive a refund on production of the proof of purchase (sale receipt).
• As you can appreciate we shall not be liable to you, for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including, without limitation, acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood, tempest and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
• The contract between us shall be deemed, to have been made in England and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
1. Collected Information
Data can be collected and processed during the operations of our website. The following are ways we may perform these actions:
1.1 Data regarding your visit(s) to our website and any resources used are collected. The following is included and not limited to: location data, weblogs, traffic data, and any other communication information.
1.2 Any forms you filled out on our site allows us to collect data such as registering for information or when you complete a purchase.
1.3 If for any reason you communicate with our personnel or site we may collect information.
2. Cookie Usage
Any information collected will not have any identifying data. It is statistical data about our visitors and how they have used our site. No personal details will be shared that could identify you.
We may assemble information about your common internet use with a cookie file. When used, the cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. The cookie is stored on the hard drive, with transferred information. The data sought by the cookie helps us improve our website and any service offered to you.
Your browser has the ability to decline cookies. This is done by setting your browser options to decline all cookies. Note: if you do decline the download of cookies, some aspects of our site may not work or allow you access.
Our advertisers may download cookies to which we have no control. If used, these cookies are downloaded by clicking on an advertisement found on our website.
3. Our Use of Your Information
Information stored or collected regarding you helps us improve and offer services you need. The following list contains how we might use your data:
3.1 Any request you make of our site or personnel allows us to use information you provided us with, relating to the products or services we have. We may also send information on products or services you may be interested in, as long as consent has been received.
3.2 Contract Commitments: To meet any Commitment we make to you.
3.3 Changes or Improvements made to the site can warrant use of your information, with regard to notification of such changes.
3.4 An existing customer may be contacted regarding products and services related to any item of previous sale you made on our site.
3.5 We may use data or allow third parties to use information that is not related to goods or services you may be interested in. We or third parties contact you only if consent has been provided by you at anytime, based on information we collected.
3.6 Any new customer can only be contacted by us or third parties if consent has been offered via our site. We only send communications you have consented to.
3.7 Anyone who does not wish to give consent for our site or third party use has the opportunity to decline. Once we receive your withhold for consent we will remove your details from any mailings or third party communications.
3.8 None of the information collected about you will offer identifiable characteristics. Information shared to a third party is statistical only. We will not reveal who you are, only mathematical information about our visitors.
4. Personal Data Storage
4.2 Information we are provided will be stored on secure servers. Transaction data is encrypted for your safety.
4.3 You should understand data via online transmission is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee full protection and security data, only that we take all reasonable action to protect information sent to us electronically. Transmission of any data by you is at your own risk. Where applicable you may be given access to sections of our site that require a password. You are responsible for the passwords safety and confidentiality.
5. Information Disclosure
5.1 At times we may disclose personal information to persons in our group. This can include subsidiaries, holding companies, or any other subsidiaries involved in our business, if applicable.
5.2 Third Party disclosure may occur for the following reasons:
5.2.1 Selling any or all of our business to a third party may result in sharing your information.
5.2.2 At any time when we are legally required to we may disclose information about you and your visits to our sites.
5.2.3 To prevent fraud and help in fraud protection in order to reduce credit risk, we may disclose information.
6. Third Party Links
7. Information Accessibility
We cannot withhold data we collect about you, as per The Data Protection Act 1998. This act provides you with access to any information we may hold on you. If you wish to have access about our data collection on you please pay our fee of £10. The fee covers our costs for processing your request and getting the data to you. Please use the contact details below to formulate your data access request.
8. Contacting Us